Motoring Community for Northern Minnesota

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Need some advice/opion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bigben_07

PostSubject: Need some advice/opion   Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:03 pm

So i just bought this SV1000 from private party in which i got a really good deal, i feel almost 2 good. It's an 2003 with 6000 miles total on it and takin to be serviced twice, but it has basically been sitting in his garage for the last 3 years with only 2000 miles put on it. My question is, do I take it in to get serviced? (if so where in duluth area), what should be looked at? and are there anythings i might be missing. Also out of the 2 pictures what looks better with the engine cover or with the engine exposed?

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

it's so awesome both ways i can't decide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rollaguy33

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice/opion   Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:12 pm

i would just check the basic things yourself how does the oil look check the air filter spark plugs if all of those things are nice and clean its fine if you need any help let me travis 2183906042
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickOtine

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice/opion   Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:58 pm

Change the oil on it and ride it. highly doubtful there is anything wrong with it or out of spec. Nice bike! Enjoy it Exclamation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walley

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice/opion   Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:08 pm

It looks good either way. If it feels good then go with it. If you do need to take it in then Duluth Lawn and Sport is the only place I know that will service Suzuki's. I'm taking mine in for a valve and cam chain adjustment soon and its 2 hours labor at 82 / hour. Yours should be fine. I'd change the fluids and maybe run a little injector cleaner though it in case of any gum up from improper storage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigben_07

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice/opion   Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:22 pm

thanks for the advice guys, i did change the oil myself and check all fluid levels. The bike runs great except it seems to die everyonce in a wile when its cold (under 125 degrees) if the rpms go up then down but i asume that is normal and i just have to get used to driving it more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickOtine

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice/opion   Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:26 pm

Yea, like Walley said, run a little injector cleaner thru it. she may be a little plugged up from sittin so long. it is fuel injected right? i wouldn't think it would normally die out like that if its a fuely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigben_07

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice/opion   Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:30 pm

yep its fuel injected, im just not 100% sure if its the bike or me just killing it... it's extreamly diffrent than my last bike, but i suppose injector cleaner wouldn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickOtine

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice/opion   Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:44 pm

Yea i'm sure its a little different than ur last bike. bein this one is a high comp V-twin. i was once told the the best injector cleanor to buy was the stuff made by Chevron. i'm pretty sure cleaner is cleaner. otherwise try a little Sea-foam. i have never used it, but my old man does when he's winterizing everything, and he has never had a problem with any of the motors hes put it in. i'm sure after ridin it, it will go away. either because of the cleaner or because you got used to ridin it. once again Nice ride man and welcome to the Forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walley

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice/opion   Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:45 pm

I ran this stuff by SFR through mine and could tell right away the difference. Also put some simular stuff in my oil. Its just like V-max where it soaks into the metal. I like it and run it in all my motors. My neighbor sells it. One for the oil and one for the injectors cost me $25. That much will last me this summer easy and probly half of next year. I ride it a lot too. I'll bring it with me to Angies this thursday if anyone is interested. SFR stands for Superior Friction Reduction. Really helps with cold starts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice/opion   

Back to top Go down

Need some advice/opion
Page 1 of 1